Close Window | Printer Friendly Version
Home Address: ______________________________________________________________________________
I accept responsibility to abide by the Rome City Schools' Board of Education Internet Access policy (IFBGA) and procedures as stated in this agreement. I understand that the use of the Internet and access to it is a privilege not a right, and I agree:
- to use the Internet for appropriate educational purposes and research;
- to use the Internet only with the permission of designated school staff;
- to be considerate of other users on the Internet and use appropriate language for school situations;
- not to intentionally degrade or disrupt Internet services or equipment. (This includes but is not limited to tampering with computer hardware or software, vandalizing data, invoking computer viruses, attempting to gain access to restricted or unauthorized network services, or violating copyright laws);
- to immediately report any security problems or breeches of these responsibilities to appropriate school system/school staff;
- to comply with all of the rules and expectations included in the Student Internet Appropriate Use policy, administrative procedure, and Internet Etiquette; and
- not to divulge personal information such as addresses and telephone numbers over the Internet.
I understand that I have no right to privacy when I use the school Internet, and I consent to staff monitoring of my communications.
I also understand that any conduct that is in conflict with these responsibilities is inappropriate and may result in termination of Internet access and possible disciplinary action.
Student Name: (please print) ___________________________________________________________________
Student Signature: ___________________________________________________________________________
Due to the nature of the Internet, it is neither practical nor possible for the Rome Board of Education to enforce compliance with user rules at all times. Accordingly, parents and students must recognize that students will be required to make independent decisions and use good judgment in their use of the Internet. Therefore, parents must participate in the decision whether to allow their children access to the Internet and must communicate their own expectations to their children regarding its use.
As a parent/guardian of this student, I have read the Student Internet and Appropriate Use policy and administrative procedure and this Internet Access Agreement.
- I understand that Internet access is designed for educational purposes and that the school will attempt to discourage access to objectionable material and communications that are intended to exploit, harass, or abuse students. However, I recognize it is impossible for the school district to restrict access to all objectionable material, and I will not hold the school district responsible for materials acquired or contacts made on the Internet.
- I understand that a variety of inappropriate and offensive materials are available over the Internet and that it may be possible for my child to access these materials if he/she chooses to behave irresponsibly. I also understand that it is possible for undesirable or ill-intended individuals to communicate with my child over the Internet, that there is no practical means for the school to prevent this from happening, and that my child must take responsibility to avoid such communications if they are initiated. While I authorize the staff to monitor any communications to or from my child on the Internet, I recognize that it is not possible for the school to monitor all such communications. I have determined that the benefits of my child having access to the Internet outweigh potential risks.
- I understand that any conduct by my child that is in conflict with these responsibilities is inappropriate, and such behavior may result in the termination of access and possible disciplinary action.
- I have reviewed these responsibilities with my child, and I hereby grant permission to the school to provide Internet access.
- I agree to compensate the school district for any expenses or costs it incurs as a result of child's violation of the Internet policy or administrative procedure.
Parent/Guardian Name(s): (please print) __________________________________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature(s):_____________________________________________ Date:__________________
© 2004. All Rights Reserved.
Rome City Schools, 508 East Second Street; Rome, GA 30161
Phone: 706/236-5050 - Fax: 706/802-4311