The NAIA Eligibility Center is responsible for determining the NAIA eligibility of first-time student-athletes. Any student playing NAIA championship sports for the first time must meet the eligibility requirements. Students must have their eligibility determined by the NAIA Eligibility Center, and all NAIA schools are bound by the center's decisions. For more information: www.playnaia.org or 1-866-881-6242.
If You Are Close to High School Graduation
U.S. students who have completed their junior year of high school may obtain an eligibility determination from the NAIA Eligibility Center before graduating from high school if they meet all the following requirements:
• Will enroll at an NAIA institution immediately after high school graduation
• Have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the conclusion of junior year OR have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale midway through senior year (for early admissions)
• Have met minimum test score requirement (18 ACT or 860 SAT Critical Reading and Math)
Students seeking admission at the conclusion of senior year need to meet two out of three criteria:
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have met minimum test score requirement (18 ACT or 860 SAT Critical Reading and Math)
- Be in the top half of your graduating class
What information will I need to provide?
You need your current contact information, previous addresses, high school and/or colleges attended. Make sure you are accurate and thorough. Missing or incorrect information causes delays in receiving and eligibility decision. Ask your high school counselor and/or college registrars to send official transcripts directly to the NAIA Eligibility Center. For high school students, the official transcript should verify high school graduation, class rank and cumulative grade point average. Remember to register before you have records sent to the NAIA EligibilityCenter.
Sending ACT and SAT Scores
What's the NAIA Code to Send Test Scores?
We only need one qualifying test score.
♦ 18 composite score on the ACT
♦ 860 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Math only)