Evidence of Success
All of our elementary students end up attending Rome Middle School and Rome High School. Below are the results of how our students perform once they all come together at RMS and RHS.
- On the 2012 College Career Readiness Performance Index (CCRPI), RMS achieved one of the highest scores for a middle school in our state.
- In 2016, Rome High School's graduation rate was 92.8%; the highest graduation rate in the history of RHS.
- In 2016, all of our schools earned three or higher on the Georgia Department of Education School Climate Star Rating.
- In 2014, our system’s SAT scores were the 11th highest in Georgia.
- In 2015, for the sixth time in the last eight years, RHS was named one of our nation’s best high schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- RHS students have won 21 total state championships.
- Our music program is one of the best, if not the best, in the state. We have won many awards at the middle and high school level. As an example, in 2015 alone, 27 students from RHS and eight students from RMS qualified for All-State Chorus.
- Our marching band, jazz band, and concert band have all won many awards at the local, regional, and state level.
- Grand Illusion, from Rome Middle School, has won many
awards in various competitions, including
First Place at Dollywood's Music in the Parks in 2016.
- In 2013, the RCS 6th grade football team won the state championship.
- In 2016, 76 RHS students were named Advanced Placement Scholars.
- Rome City Schools has won TWO
Innovation Fund grants for 2015! Elm Street Elementary for STEM in 3D - Dream,
Design, DO! and North Heights Elementary for Growing Up Green.
- Niche Rankings named Rome City Schools the 9th Best School District in Georgia for 2015.
- The Green Recycling Coalition named North Heights Elementary School runner-up for the 2014 School Spirit of Green Award.