It is the mission of the Anna K Davie Elementary Media Center to guarantee that students and staff have access to and are effective users of information and to provide the opportunity to become life-long learners.
To ensure that this mission is met, the Anna K Davie Elementary Media Center will:
- Provide access to materials in all formats.
- Provide instruction to foster competence and promote an interest in reading, viewing, and using information.
- Provide leadership and consulting assistance in the use of instructional and informational technologies.
The goal of the media center is to create students who are information literate.
The students who are information literate:
- Are digital citizens.
- They use information in responsible and creative ways.
- They grow as lifelong learners and appreciate many forms of literature.
- Develop skills and knowledge as an acive locator and user of information to solve problems and to satisy their own curiosity.
Check-Out Policies and Procedures
Media Center Rules1. Respect the library materials.2. Everything has a correct place.3. Always share...return things when they are due and we will put things on hold when we have to wait.4. Do not disturb others working in the library.*In addition, all school rules apply in regards to proper behavior*
- K-1st are permitted to check-out 1 book for 2 weeks.
- 2nd-6th are permitted to check-out 2 books for 2 weeks.
- Upon teacher request, 3rd-6th grade students can have an additional book for research.
- Students who have overdue library books are not permitted to check-out.
8:00 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.